Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15 until December 7.
During this time, you can take the following actions to improve your Medicare coverage
- Leave a for-profit, restricted-access Medicare Advantage plan to return to regular Medicare and enroll in a Medicare Supplement and stand-along Medicare Part D drug plan.. You may be required to answer health questions to qualify for the Medicare Supplement.
- Improve your Medicare Supplement by switching from a Plan F supplement which is being phased out beginning on 2020 to a more cost effective Plan G Medicare Supplement.
- Improve your Medicare Supplement from a Plan N which may require you to pay 15 percent of your medical bills to a Plan G Medicare Supplement that pays all of your cost after a once-a-year Medicare Part B deducitble of $183.
- Improve your Medicare Part D drug plan to one which will provide your medications at a lower cost and not have an annual deductible of up to $405.
Today, I want to share with you how to improve your Medicare Part D drug plan.
Most states have around 20-25 options for Medicare Part D drug plans. These plans vary in the following ways:
- How much is the monthly premium
- Whether the plan has an annual deductible or not
- If there is a deductible how much it is
- If there is a deductible to which drugs does it apply
- Which drugs does it cover
- How much it requires you to pay for the drugs you take
Medicare provides a wonderful tool to help you identify which Medicare Part D drug plan will provide your medications at the lowest overall cost.
You can access this tool by clicking on the following link:
You can click on the following links to view 5 short tutorials for using this system”
Please note the Plan Finder Tool will create a Drug ID list and a Password so you can recall your drug list later. Please write these down or print them out.
I strongly recommend Medicare Part D drug plans with a 4-Star rating or higher. This rating reflects the satisfaction members have had with this plan.
I also recommend a Medicare Part D drug plan with no annual deductible. Having no annual deductible will save you money if you currently take or are prescribed expensive medications.
Overall, I recommend SilverScript Choice if your drugs are covered under this plan.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to enroll in SilverScript Choice.